Indexing not updating outlook 2016

Also, searching is working for local drives, just not Outlook Add a new account (like a dummy email account) and see if the issue persits with another account. If the same issue continues, then I'm thinking the re-installation is probably the best bet :( I resolved the issue by removing the accounts from Outlook, rebooting and adding the accounts again.This was the last thing I did and it worked, however it may have been a combination of the above attempts plus this one...*But the number of items indexed didn't change.* I tried Outlook and as far as I could tell nothing in Outlook had been indexed. Recall that when this all started, there were 1938K items indexed.During this debugging process, in an attempt to speed things up, I removed a bunch of directories from the indexing list: Four were named with GUIDs and had hover text saying that the directories could no longer be found.

If you’re having trouble with Outlook 2016 not functioning properly – specifically a mailbox not loading, or a problem with search – then a quick and easy fix is to rebuild the Outlook Search Index. If you are running Outlook 2013, be sure to check out our article for that version here. Note that this step may require administrator privileges.

It doesn't give an error, it just wont return results.

After extensive googling, I have found and tried the following solutions to no avail.

Go to advanced properties and enable the contents to be indexed. In my case, outlook stopped to index POP/PST accounts.

In fact, it’s a few programs in one: Mail, Calendar, Contact Manager, and Task Manager.